LURKING LEOPARD, LAZY LAGOON
LURKING LEOPARD, LAZY LAGOON
From the seductive landscapes of Sri Lanka to the icing-sugar sands of The Maldives, this journey is ideal for families in search of wildlife immersion and island adventure.
- Uncover the secrets of Yala National Park with an expert naturalist guide, staying in a luxurious tented camp
- Attend guest lectures and private workshops, study wild elephant behaviour and the personality traits of the elusive leopard
- Stay in a stunning island house, set amidst a garden of tropical plants, fruits and spice trees
- Explore the island’s turquoise waters by catamaran to get up close and personal with resident whales and dolphins
- Savour private performances by local musicians, traditional dancers, and spell-binding fire breathers
- End with a week of true beach paradise in the Maldives, with a selection of island resorts to choose from
This trip can be customised to your personal preferences.
After a night in Colombo on arrival, you head to Yala National Park for the initial part of your adventure. Staying in a luxurious tented lodge, surrounded by popular watering holes, you are perfectly positioned to view a secret spectacle of birdlife and amphibians, whilst enjoying sundowners on your private viewing deck. We will introduce you to expert naturalist guides, and you will be invited to attend guest lectures and private workshops, absorbing fascinating facts about the region’s flora and fauna. Study wild elephant behaviour, personality traits of the elusive leopard, and discover insights into the rich birdlife in the area and their migration habits.
Next, take a short flight to Talpe to stay at our favourite island house, set amidst a garden of tropical plants, fruits and spice trees. Jump aboard a tuk tuk to Dalawella Beach, a beautiful lagoon created by a protective reef, and set off on a guided bicycle tour around the tea plantations to meet local workers and sample local brews. Set sail on the island’s turquoise waters by catamaran to get up close and personal with resident whales and dolphins, stopping off to snorkel in the splendid Bay of Galle and enjoying a tropical lunch aboard. Evenings will be spent sampling fragrant Sri Lankan curries, and savouring private performances by local musicians, traditional dancers, and spell-binding fire breathers.
When you have collected life-long memories of Sri Lanka, it’s time to head to the quixotic islands of the Maldives. With their ivory-blanched beaches and aquamarine waters, the islands will host you and your loved ones for seven nights of Maldivian magic. Fill your days with yoga lessons on the beach; snorkelling excursions on the reef with a resident marine biologist; become acquainted with friendly sea turtles and enchanting manta rays; explore uninhabited islands in search of the perfect picnic spot; get your heart racing with an intimate shark diving experience with a personal dive master; or simply lie back in a hammock and idle the hours away with a good book.